A message from our co-presidents,
Welcome to the UBC CSCE Student Chapter Website! Your online connection to UBC’s Student Chapter of the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering.
UBC CSCE strives to engage and empower students to become young leaders in the Civil Engineering industry by providing opportunities for professional development and interaction with industry members through guest lectures, facility and site tours, technical and professional development workshops and through the chapter’s largest annual event, UBC CSCE Industry Night. This event brings together over 500 students, young professionals, and experienced engineers from all Civil Engineering disciplines for a night of socializing and casual networking.
UBC CSCE has demonstrated exceptional growth and development over the past few years and continues to be recognized for its achievements in student membership, professional development and technical programming and professionalism amongst its student members. UBC CSCE was awarded the President’s Best award from CSCE National for the 2014/2015 academic year and awarded second place in 2015/2016. This year our goal is to continue increasing the variety of professional development opportunities as well as the overall professionalism of our student members, solidifying our reputation as a leader amongst the 34 student chapters across Canada.
You will find information on all our upcoming and past events on the website as well as student bios for our executive members. Whether you are a student interested in getting involved, an industry member looking to host an event with our chapter or just interested in learning more about UBC CSCE, you may reach us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
UBC CSCE Student Chapter
To become a student member of the CSCE please fill out the Student Membership Application on the national website. Membership with UBC CSCE is free.
Nothing from February 21, 2018 to March 21, 2018.
- January 25th, 2018 – 2018 Industry Night
- November 21, 2017 – Communicate with Conviction: Effective Speaking Workshop
- November 15th, 2017 – Technical Communications in Consulting
- November 14th, 2017 – Wood Solutions Conference
- November 7th, 2017 – The Leadership Challenge – My Career Implications
- October 27th, 2017 – RAM Engineering on FortisBC’s Coastal Transmission Gas Line Project
- October 14th, 2017 – Ruskin Dam and Powerhouse Upgrade Tour
- Oct 10th, 2017 – CSCE National Lecture Tour: Lac‐Mégantic’s Human and Environmental Disaster
- September 26, 2017 – COWI Lunch and Learn
- September 15, 2017 – Steel Day 2017 Tour