A message from our co-presidents,
Welcome to the UBC CSCE Student Chapter Website! Your online connection to UBC’s Student Chapter of the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering.
UBC CSCE strives to engage and empower students to become young leaders in the Civil Engineering industry by providing opportunities for professional development and interaction with industry members through guest lectures, facility and site tours, technical and professional development workshops and through the chapter’s largest annual event, UBC CSCE Industry Night. This event brings together over 500 students, young professionals, and experienced engineers from all Civil Engineering disciplines for a night of socializing and casual networking.
UBC CSCE has demonstrated exceptional growth and development over the past few years and continues to be recognized for its achievements in student membership, professional development and technical programming and professionalism amongst its student members. UBC CSCE was awarded the President’s Best award from CSCE National for the 2014/2015 academic year and awarded second place in 2015/2016. This year our goal is to continue increasing the variety of professional development opportunities as well as the overall professionalism of our student members, solidifying our reputation as a leader amongst the 34 student chapters across Canada.
You will find information on all our upcoming and past events on the website as well as student bios for our executive members. Whether you are a student interested in getting involved, an industry member looking to host an event with our chapter or just interested in learning more about UBC CSCE, you may reach us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
UBC CSCE Student Chapter
To become a student member of the CSCE please fill out the Student Membership Application on the national website. Membership with UBC CSCE is free.
Nothing from September 23, 2017 to October 23, 2017.
- April 4, 2017 – Hatch presents: Construction of the Port Mann Main Water Supply Tunnel
- March 21st, 2017 – Kiewit Guest Lecture
- February 28, 2017 – COWI – St Croix River Crossing Extradosed Bridge Design & Construction
- January 31, 2017 – S-Frame Tutorial
- January 6, 2017 – Lafarge Cement Plant Tour
- November 22, 2016 – Advisian Presents: The Challenges of High Arctic Construction and Design
- November 8, 2016 – StructureCraft Builders
- October 25, 2016 – Fast & Epp presents: The New Brock Commons (Structural & Construction Aspects)
- October 18, 2016 – McElhanney Presents: Introduction to Bridge Engineering
- September 27, 2016 – RAM Engineering: The South Fraser Perimeter Road Project